Commercial Specialist (Kelowna)
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As part of our Commercial Sales Team, as our Commercial Specialist, you are responsible for driving sales by building relationships with private retailers, regional and national chains within the industry. A successful candidate will provide stellar service and establish an authentic connection with budtenders, influencers, and store owners. In this role, you will work with customers in British Columbia, representing Pure Sunfarms’ portfolio of brands, as well as develop and execute marketing initiatives and drive sales.
- Sales Execution + Business Development
- Develop and execute strategic customer plans for accounts
- Proactively identify customer needs and business opportunities, develop, and execute creative selling solutions to grow sales and consumer awareness of the brand
- Develop, implement, and maintain in-store sales essentials to capture customer mindshare: Distribution, Shelving/ Primary Placement, Pricing initiatives, Display POS, Promotions, Product Quality Standards – ensures these are executed flawlessly
- Monitors market performance and ensure all accounts are delivering optimal customer service, education, and sales to ensure Pure Sunfarms quality standards are executed
- Gather and communicate market intelligence from account partners to Regional Sales Manager. Shares and understands the competition. Pays attention to industry trends and creates plans accordingly
- Ability to utilize data to identify sales and distribution gaps and establish plans to execute
- Leverage customer and competitive insights to develop a competitive advantage with retailers
- Proactively manage pricing consistency in dispensaries to ensure we remain competitive, in-line with our pricing strategy feedback to internal team to ensure we evolve as necessary
- Exemplify H.E.A.R.T values everyday in market with our customers and consumers
- Relationship Building
- Builds, owns, and nurtures relationships with each account in the assigned territory creating strong partnerships (Customer base includes a mix of Multi-Store Private Retailers and National Chains)
- Build community through service and authentic connection with ownership, management, budtenders, and influencers
- Establishes strong relationships and collaborates with other commercial team members
- Education and Trade Marketing
- Represent the Pure Sunfarms portfolio during store visits, at launches, trade fairs and events
- Present and communicate Pure Sunfarms brand ethos and culture (mission, vision, goals)
- Present educational platform – train groups of budtenders and distributors about our products, growing methods, quality standards, ensuring they are well educated and trained about the Pure Sunfarms brand and product portfolio.
- Develop and execute Marketing Initiatives including in-store and off-site activations
- Ensure merchandising tools and promotional assets are strategically leveraged and improved across our sales channels
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with customers and increasing brand visibility and sales, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Post secondary education preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in retail, B2B sales, Wholesale, Trade Marketing, customer service or related field
- Transferable knowledge and proven experience with Salesforce is an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of sales best practices and account management
- Brand Ambassador with the ability to effectively communicate, present information and tell compelling Brand stories
- Interest, knowledge, and passion for Cannabis is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills: Influencing & Networking. Ability to establish and develop mutually beneficial and trusting business relationships
- A self-starter who is driven to succeed and exceed goals. Proven track record in delivering growth objectives and critical KPI’s
- Passion for learning, sharing, and continuously developing
- Creative thinker focused on providing innovative solutions
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have a driver’s license and willingness/ability to travel within a geographic region extensively.
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to email@example.com
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)