Facilities and Construction Project Manager
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
This role includes construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. The successful applicant will show his or her capabilities in the planning, design, project management, and execution of major construction projects, and have experience managing large facilities with extensive heating, cooling, electrical and infrastructure.
“I was surprised by how elaborate the complete growing cycle is, and all of the steps, and departments involved. It is a dynamic industry with meticulous processes.”Eugene Flores, Manager, Distribution & Warehouse
- Field Construction Management – on-site coordination of project activities including organizing and attending site meetings, preparing equipment and materials list, and coordinating with internal and external stakeholders
- Project and Budget Management – Manage the allocation of materials, financial, and human resources with technical skills in construction methodologies, estimating, and contract management to deliver projects safely, within budget, on time and as designed; Preparing regular construction progress updates, including planned construction schedules
- Manage Building and Facilities – work closely with the Maintenance team to plan facilities capex; Oversee building projects, renovations, refurbishments, repairs and installations
- Facility & Site Safety Management– Working with the CSO, ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work by performing and giving feedback on Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with construction management, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Completed diploma in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable experience
- Knowledge and ability to quickly understand principals of construction and contractor means and methods
- Experience in managing large value construction projects experience with boiler and chiller plants, proficiency with different BAS/BMS, and familiarity with other HVAC systems
- Experience with complex, high-voltage distribution systems
- Experience with irrigation systems, plant air, and process piping
- Greenhouse experience an asset
- CAD experience an asset
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry