As a Construction Project Coordinator, you will ensure construction plans, meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations. You will assist with implementing and monitoring Quality and Safety Plans, including participation in job site safety reviews,
toolbox meetings, and safety training.
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
“The most rewarding part of working here is seeing your ideas being implemented. It’s gratifying to see my input helping to build the company.”Natasha Toor, Specialist, Production Support
- Ensure construction plans, meet guidelines and specifications of building codes and other regulations
- Establish, monitor, maintain and update construction work schedules
- Maintains project document control and procedures.
- Review and assess work completed to ensure schedules are maintained.
- Assist our Engineering & Construction Manager with all tasks including scheduling updates and updating shop drawings.
- Assists with implementing and monitoring Quality and Safety Plans, including participation in job site safety reviews, toolbox meetings, and safety training.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture for all employees, contracts, and visitors.
- Understanding the upcoming schedule for ordering, receiving tools & materials and use daily work plans to ensure everything is onsite when it is time to complete the work.
- Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions
- Troubleshoot project concerns such as bad weather, scheduling conflicts, quality control issues, labour issues, contractor concerns and other unforeseeable matters.
- Responsible for tracking quantities, managing budgets, preparation of force accounts, and managing progress payments.
- Liaises between subcontractors and designers on field details.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
From time to time, you may have to lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds), climb ladders and be on your feet for prolonged periods of time.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with project coordination, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- A minimum of 3-5 years working as a Field Engineer or Project Coordinator, ideally in project engineering or heavy civil construction environment.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Diploma in Engineering technology, or relevant qualifications and experience.
- Proficient with reading plans and drawings
- Knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawing and specifications building materials and required standards applicable to the project;
- Proficient in software knowledge such as Microsoft Office, Autocad, Microsoft
- Familiarity with Wrike Project Management Software is a strong asset
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment potentially reporting to many different people.
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.