Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
“The most rewarding part of my role is that the company is like a startup. There’s a lot of opportunity to design my own work, and to learn and improve.”Chau Nguyen, Analyst, Planning
The Extraction Technician will play an integral role in the production of high-quality cannabis extracts and products and will be involved in the development and optimization of extraction processes and product formulations. Reporting to the Extraction Manager, the Extraction Technician will conduct the day to day operations of extraction and refining cannabis extracts while working closely with QA to ensure compliance with stringent regulations. Tasks will include prepping material for terpene capture and post-processing, extraction, decarboxylation, filtration, distillation, preventative maintenance, machine operation, documenting, and cleaning. Handling of solvents will be involved. We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic, and motivated individual who wants to be a part of a team that is passionate about our products and the success and growth of our business. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and able to work as part of a team and at a fast pace.
- Processes cannabis bud and trim into purified cannabis products through solventless and solvent extraction recovery, purification, distillation, refinement, and
- Identifies and understands theoretical and conceptual knowledge related to
cannabinoid extraction processes and takes process optimization measures to
improve daily output.
- Understands the operational principles of all pressurized systems that are related
extraction of cannabinoids from cannabis trim and bud.
- Review and complete documentation related to extraction such as SOPs, WIs, PCP
- Ensure all SOPs, WIs are followed and high sense of adherence to GPP and GDP.
- Coordinate extraction activities in timely manner and work closely with QA to ensure
extraction is performed per cGMP standards.
- Update extraction inventory logs such as data inventory, product and supply
inventory and chemical inventory.
- Completes daily housekeeping tasks in each processing room and common space ensures proper disposal of all waste and hazardous chemical waste.
- Daily handling of pressurized machinery and equipment such as gas and liquid cylinders. Lead safety culture through a demonstrated commitment to OHS and membership on the joint occupational health & safety committee.
- Monitoring and extraction process and machinery daily and reporting throughput and assisting in machine maintenance.
- Assist in training new staff and help in final packaging of extracted and value-added products.
- Write weekly processing and production reports.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working on cannabanoids, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- 2+ years of extraction laboratory experience or equivalent
- Bachelor of Science education in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, and any science related field is an asset
- Knowledgeable in phytochemical extraction
- Strong verbal and analytical skills with accuracy in relation to data
- Knowledge in operation of supercritical CO2 machinery and solvent recovery systems will be an asset.
- Knowledge of HPLC, GC-MS and other chromatographic techniques for cannabinoid analysis and data interpretation will be an asset.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company and remaining up to date with current legislation related to the cannabis act.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and be capable of managing and using ERP software for production transactions.
- Ability to establish priorities, work quickly, accurately, and independently with minimal supervision; demonstrates self-motivation and initiative.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Strong teamwork skills work well as a team member in a fast-paced environment.
- The willingness to maintain an open mind and learn new techniques.
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check, and obtain security clearance
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We are proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we have built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.