Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
Here is where you come in as an FP&A Analyst. You have an innate ability to piece the many puzzle pieces together that constitute a company’s finances and can piece them together to formulate a range of possible growth scenarios. You are capable of handling and intelligently analyzing a variety of different types of data and data evaluation metrics. You can automate reports and related processes and administer the financial forecast and budget processes and associated systems.
“Pure Sunfarms is an organization full of respectful, talented, and driven people. The culture it has cultivated is one that makes me feel safe and included. Plants and People First!”Ana Yap, Accountant, Senior
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Oversee and manage the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting,
- Operating Plan and Modeling tools.
- Define financial situation by completing quantitative analyses.
- Evaluate optional plans by identifying outcomes and potential returns.
- Build financial database by identifying sources of information, assembling, verifying, and backing up data.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Recommend financial actions by assessing options in relation to organization goals.
- Recommend debt structures by analyzing refinancing options.
- Prepare financial reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing, and explaining information.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Support Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of long-term financial models.
- Perform ad hoc analysis for executives as required.
- Other duties as determined by the Director of FP&A, based upon the requirements of the company.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are creative problem solver who excels at financial analysis, modeling, and forecasting, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You are good at the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience, preferably in the agriculture, pharma or manufacturing industry.
- Experience with ERP and Consolidation systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA or CFA is an asset.
- Ability to interpret various financial/fiscal reports, bank statements, journal entries, and ledgers sufficient to prepare reports, resolve issues/problems, or explain entries.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highly organized; highest standards of accuracy and precision.
- Ability to communicate and articulate effectively with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Strong leadership skills required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.