Network & Systems Administrator
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Network Systems Administrator will have overall responsibility in ensuring stable and secured operations of the Pure Sunfarms IT infrastructure.
“The most rewarding part of working here is seeing your ideas being implemented. It’s gratifying to see my input helping to build the company.”Natasha Toor, Specialist, Production Support
- Manage and administer corporate network across all facilities and cloud environments, including all servers and systems on-prem and in-cloud.
- Monitors, modifies, and updates network and server monitoring systems in accordance with established procedures.
- Work with next-gen firewalls, SD-WAN, IPSec tunnels, SSL VPN.
- Install, configure, and maintain firewalls, layer 3 network switches, and access points.
- Manage and administer an integrated and cloud infrastructure.
- Maintains the security of the networks and systems.
- Design and maintain business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Take a proactive approach to improving stability and performance of network.
- Resolve all network and systems related issues within timely manner.
- Perform server administration tasks including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, etc.
- Participate in and manage IT projects and act as technical lead on business projects.
- Work with all members of the IT team to develop and support business IT needs.
- Assist with mobile device management and automation of desktop environment needs.
- Provide tier 2 and tier 3 support for business applications, IT systems, and processes.
- Maintain technical documentation, network diagrams, dependency maps, etc.
- Be available, and on call for urgent issues.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with computers, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- 5+ years of experience in systems and network administration.
- Excellent working knowledge of modern IT infrastructure, desktop environment, cybersecurity practices, next-gen firewalls, and modern IT service management.
- 3+ years of experience in supporting and maintaining enterprise systems.
- Experience leading large IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructure utilizing multiple complex technologies.
- Experience in retail and agriculture an asset.
- Windows and Linux server administration in public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Authentication leveraging Active Directory, AzureAD, SAML based SSO.
- Working knowledge of integration, and business intelligence and reporting.
- Designing and architecting on-prem and cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge or experience with Fortinet FortiGate and Cisco Meraki MX cloud managed infrastructure.
- Hands-on experience and demonstrated knowledge of backup & disaster recovery initiatives.
- Familiar with identifying security incidents, intrusion detection, and threat analysis.
- Familiar with server, network, web and infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of the Cannabis industry, particularly PIPEDA and other Acts and best practices for handling data.
- Familiar with ITSM methodologies including ITIL.
- Working knowledge of project management, with agile and scrum experience.
- Ability to work independently with a goal orientated approach.
- Must work well with others in a driven, social, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, comfortable with regulatory research, and very well organized.
- Incredible at managing your time while working on multiple projects and flexible enough to meet ad hoc regulatory requirements of the licensed site.
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org