Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
The Procurement Manager will develop and implement the materials sourcing vision, strategy and tactics and incorporate costing, capability, and vendor management. They will also be responsible for managing and mentoring the procurement team.
“The most rewarding part of my role is that the company is like a startup. There’s a lot of opportunity to design my own work, and to learn and improve.”Chau Nguyen, Analyst, Planning
- Develop and implement the materials sourcing vision, strategy, and tactics. Incorporating Costing, Capability, and Vendor Management
- Manage and mentor the Procurement team, including setting performance objectives, regular team meetings, communicating direction, changes, and training
- Lead program management and coordinate activities across the organization to ensure strategic initiatives are completed as per timelines and stated objectives
- Create an efficient procurement culture based on strong process, continuous improvement, and team development
- Support commercial strategy by translating growth and margin objectives into supply chain strategies and execution plans
- Provide sourcing and logistics inputs and insights from our partners to drive required actions within sourcing, logistics, production, and commercial teams
- Manage and drive costing excellence in negotiations with vendors by identifying cost opportunities.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to drive continuous improvement and support of business management and strategy
- Take initiative to assess and analyze current process to recommend the best value solutions pertaining to the supply chain corporate programs.
- Research new processes to meet and exceed expectations of internal customers
- Ensure compliance to all Health and Safety legislation / guidelines for self and staff at all times
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are passionate about Supply Chain management, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Holds Supply Chain or Transportation certifications (considered an asset)
- Holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Economics, or another degree/diploma (considered an asset)
- Has comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS Word, and industry standard purchase order software platforms
- Has experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools (considered an asset)
- Service-oriented, and able to work effectively within a team environment
- Has strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Able to thrive in a high-stress and fast-paced environment
- Has solid research skills and commitment to continually learn about new products / technologies / processes
- Has mathematical and analytical skills
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass an RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org