Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As part of our Product Innovation team, as our Specialist, Product Research, you will support product ideation through product launch. You will be responsible for conducting research and analysis to extract insights, providing advice to cross-functional teams as a product subject matter expert, and creating and delivering engaging training materials to Sales team members to enable them to launch new products to market successfully. This position is a temporary full-time 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
- Product Knowledge
- Maintain a current and robust understanding of the cannabis industry, brands, product trends, and periphery or related industry trends
- Conducts ongoing external facing product research such as competitive intelligence and analysis to extract insights that support the Product Innovation pipeline
- Delivers dynamic online and or in-person training to sales teams for all new product launches on a national scale
- Strategic Partnerships
- In partnership with the Product Knowledge Manager, conduct weekly audits on new cultivar in the greenhouse.
- Supports Product Innovation by creating new product briefs and concepts during the ideation phase.
- Provides timely and helpful information to the Product Innovation teams to support the development of new and existing products.
- Collaborates with the Commercial Education Manager to create clear and compelling training materials to support new product launches
- Supports the Quality and Product Development Managers with ad hoc product quality checks
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This position is a temporary full-time 12-month contract, with the possibility of extension.
This role is hybrid, which requires you to work on-site a minimum of three days per week in a role that provides core support functions to the business.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are passionate about Product Education, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You are good at the following:
- Education: Post-Secondary degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in the Canadian cannabis industry, preferably as the Manager of a cannabis retail store or a Product Research Specialist for a Canadian cannabis brand
- Deep knowledge, passion, and understanding of cannabis products across all categories, particularly in Dried Flower, Pre-Rolls, and Vapes
- Proven experience in creating and facilitating training materials to achieve a clear learning objective
- Highly developed skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to collaborate and engage with dynamic teams, both internally and externally
- An entrepreneurial spirit, always curious, learning, and exploring what’s possible in a sometimes-complex environment
- Organized and detail oriented with strong time management
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple deliverables with competing deadlines
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to email@example.com
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)