Production Supervisor (Post Harvest)
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As part of our Post Harvest team, you will supervise teams on post harvest processes including drying, bucking, trimming, detailing, conditioning, and bulk packaging, ensuring quality is met every step of the way. You are a collaborator and will work closely with our team of cannabis enthusiasts to continuously develop process improvements that deliver top-quality products. You are ready to elevate our existing post-harvest practices so we can deliver exceptional products and experiences to our customers.
- Operational Performance
- Monitor and mentor our contract labour team for Post Harvest processes, ensuring quality and output meet expectations and deadlines
- Lead by example to train, support, and supervise contract labour team on everyday activities.
- Coordinate labour of Post Harvest team to maximize demand across various production areas
- Oversee the documentation and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) tracking of production room activities, as well as daily production records ensuring good documentation practises and Pure Sunfarms’ guidelines are consistently met
- Track and report time & attendance for the contract labour team with integrity and business smarts
- Complete daily production reports and verify Cannabis batch manufacturing records following Pure Sunfarms procedures
- Track and review batch record and other production documents to ensure exceptional product quality
- Enter, track, and review inventory data into our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Quality & Compliance
- Foster a culture of compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures
- Train our contract labour team and ensure understanding of Pure Sunfarms’ guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as required
- Ensure the highest levels of cleanliness within Post Harvest area
- Complete and verify all production report daily using the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Coordinate and collaborate with different stakeholders to enhance inventory accuracy and Post Harvest ERP data movements
- Collaborate across operational departments to ensure production flows and demand are carried out properly by providing contract labour support when and where needed
- Health & Safety
- Ensure all Post Harvest team members know, understand, and follow all Health & Safety procedures
- Lead by example to foster a safe working environment
- Ensure timely escalation of all safety concerns on the Post Harvest floor and that preventative measures are put in place.
- Perform regular inspections on equipment to ensure safety and functionality, communicating all maintenance issues as required
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is on-site, which requires you to work in Pure Sunfarms facility at all times in an operating role or directly supporting operations.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are passionate about Cannabis life cycle and flower quality, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You’re good at the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience in manufacturing, production, food processing, or other fast-moving consumer goods industry required
- Minimum 2+ years supervisory experience overseeing production staff
- Good understanding of ERP and/or inventory software database systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with audit procedures such as EU-GMP, Safe Quality Food (SQF) and British Retail Consortium (BRC) in a manufacturing and/or food processing field is an asset
- Organizing and prioritizing your work to meet deadlines and can adapt to unexpected priorities
- Following instructions and directions and soliciting feedback to improve performance
- Attention to detail and excellent communication, both verbal and written skills
- Exercising professional judgment and decision-making
- Knowledge of the cannabis life cycle is considered an asset
- Punjabi speaking is required
- Standard First Aid and CPR training is an asset
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain a security clearance
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)