Quality Assurance Specialist
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
“I love the culture here. It’s totally the coolest place to work, especially my team!”Sona Chaudhary, Chemist, QC
- Monitor and provide guidance to production personnel with compliance to GPP and GMP
- Perform internal and external quality audits; coordinate and prepare site for Health
- Canada and other regulatory inspections
- Interface with suppliers and contract manufacturers to review data, nonconformances and ensure that all processes are being followed
- Ensure suppliers and contract manufacturers are meeting PSF standards and specifications
- Ensure that documentation, complaints, deviations, non-conformances, investigations, corrective and preventative actions, and change control are performed according to quality and regulatory requirements
- Perform material review and determine batch disposition
- Create standard operating procedures (SOPs) for new processes
- Provide expertise in area of Quality Assurance ensuring compliance with current industry regulations and guidelines
- Assist with training staff
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with community relations, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Technical Diploma, Bachelor of Science or relevant degree in the biological, food, biochemical or chemical sciences
- Regulatory QA background, familiar with Health Canada’s GPP and GMP
- Working knowledge of the cannabis regulations is a strong asset
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in food production or pharmaceutical QA
- Must be able to read and interpret all lab testing results
- Experience working with suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Demonstrated good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others and independently
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check, and obtain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.