Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As our Commercial Insights Manager, you feel comfortable working closely with a crossfunctional team that includes commercial, finance and operations. You really enjoy sourcing, maintaining, and analyzing large sets of data. Also building models to uncover key sales trends, insights and opportunities is your passion. Reports on commercial performance and inputs in the preparation of the commercial forecast sounds like music to your ears.
“My role is much broader than I expected it to be. I get to work closely with many departments across the organization, and have been able to develop a deep understanding of how the company works as a whole.”Ana Yap, Accountant, Senior
- Gather and consolidate data through multiple sources, both internal and third-party, to conduct commercial, pricing and product analysis.
- Analyze large sets of sales data, conduct experiments, and build predictive models to identify commercial opportunities.
- Explore sales data and identify opportunities to measure and assess weekly and monthly performance of commercial actions.
- Create tracking tools to report on key brand and industry metrics.
- Create and, where possible, automate regular reporting to assist in both day-to-day business and strategic initiatives.
- Evaluate trends and performance to draw actionable conclusions to maximize business opportunities.
- Effectively engage internal stakeholders through preparation, presentation and communication of key information and analysis.
- Prepare additional, ad hoc analysis requested by the business.
- Work closely with finance and commercial to develop product mix strategy and profitability models.
- Participate and collaborate weekly/monthly Commercial & Operations planning process.
- Collaborate with innovation, commercial, finance and supply chain on an ongoing basis to ensure new products and supply are accurately reflected in sales projections, forecasting and demand planning.
- Calculate key performance metrics; establish benchmarks and drive performance and efficiency of the retail portfolio including retail P&L performance.
- Build and maintain analytical models in support of key decisions around plan, forecast and other strategic decisions.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with data and analyzing trends, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- 5+ years of commercial reporting, data analytics and forecasting experience.
- Post secondary education in a relevant or related field.
- Relevant hands on experience within CPG or beverage-alcohol industry.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets to distill information and identify trends.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to dive into detailed analysis while maintaining sight of strategy goals and objectives.
- Experience developing and presenting reports for stakeholders.
- Knowledge of complex applications of MS Excel is a must.
- Working knowledge of BI tools including Sisense and/or Tableau and the ability to create dashboards.
- Builds strong business relationships within team and across functional departments.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of changing priorities and requirements.
- Pro-active in anticipating problems and recommending appropriate course of action.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.