Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As a Validation Specialist, you will lead process/facility validation activities including validation plan review, protocol preparation, execution and summary reports. You will also prepare final validation summary reports, along with compile and assess data, conduct statistical analysis for risk assessment and validation summary reports, ensuring conclusions are based on validated parameters.
“I love the people, and the culture here. There are a lot of different people, from different places.”Aditi Trivedi, Microbiologist, QC
- Lead process/facility validation activities including validation plan review, protocol preparation, execution and summary reports
- Review and approve Installation Qualification (IQ) and Operational Qualification (OQ) documents relating to concurrent validation activities for product manufacturing and packaging
- Prepare final validation summary reports
- Perform data review activities to support the validation team (Process, Facility, Cleaning validation)
- Compile and assess data, conduct statistical analysis for the risk assessment and validation summary reports, ensuring conclusions are based on validated parameters
- Perform critical parameter checks for products by verifying production batch records against PQ studies to ensure compliance
- Evaluate all proposed changes for potential impact on the validation of product test methods, processes, cleaning, or facilities (a higher emphasis will be placed on process activities of manufacturing and packaging); develop validation studies to support these changes as required
- Conduct and document validation reviews for manufacturing and packaging processes, equipment validation, equipment cleaning processes, and facilities systems
- Create and maintain validation templates, SOPs, Master Forms, and other essential tools
- Prepare a presentable and defendable validation report for each product study for future internal and external audits
- Ensure project and documentation compliance with external regulatory (HC and EUGMP) and QMS requirements
- Promote clear communication with Production staff, QA, QC, Engineering, and management
- Provide guidance to Engineering and Production partners on validation decisions
- Escalate all issues promptly to management
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with Quality Control, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a regulated industry, preferably pharmaceuticals, cannabis, or food and beverage.
- Experience in process validation, cleaning validation or equipment validation and engineering
- Good understanding of engineering principles and IQ, OQ, PQ documentation
- Well developed technical writing and oral communication skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks concurrently and effectively
- Good understanding of qualification and validation principles as applied to processes, equipment, cleaning and/or facilities
- Understanding of manufacturing principles and manufacturing and packaging equipment
- Good overall knowledge of company business operations within scope of job
- Strong knowledge of cGMP and QMS pertaining to validation
- Demonstrated risk-based decision-making skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer systems
- Confident presentation and communication skills – willing to make decisions with support
- Ability to use collaborative skills to develop rapport with internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work and adapt to change
- Ability to work independently to meet demanding objectives and tight deadlines
- Knowledge of automated cannabis processing operations is an asset
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.