Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As our Commercial Insights Manager, you will work closely with a dynamic and cross-functional team including commercial, finance, brand, supply chain, and other groups. You are a strong people leader with the proven ability to develop, coach, and inspire others. Sourcing, maintaining, and analyzing large sets of data excites you, and building models to uncover key sales trends, insights, and opportunities is your passion. A natural storyteller, you creatively uncover insights to tell a compelling story that can be put to action. Reporting on commercial performance and inputs to positively impact commercial strategy is music to your ears.
- Analyze Trends & Sales Data
- Gather and consolidate data through multiple sources, both internal and third-party, to conduct commercial, pricing and product analysis
- Analyze large sets of sales data, conduct experiments, and build predictive models to identify commercial opportunities
- Explore sales data and identify opportunities to measure and assess weekly and monthly performance of commercial actions
- Calculate key performance metrics; establish benchmarks and drive performance and efficiency of the retail portfolio including retail P&L performance
- Build and maintain analytical models in support of key decisions around plan, forecast, and other strategic decisions.
- Effective Storytelling
- Drive value with insights and recommendations and can tell a clear story from the data
- Create tracking tools to report on key brand and industry metrics
- Create and, where possible, automate regular reporting to assist in both day-to-day business and strategic initiatives
- Evaluate trends and performance to draw actionable conclusions to maximize business opportunities
- Strategic Partnership
- Effectively engage internal stakeholders through preparation, presentation and communication of key information and analysis
- Participate and collaborate in weekly, monthly, and annual Commercial planning process
- Collaborate with innovation, commercial, finance and supply chain on an ongoing basis to ensure new products and supply are accurately reflected in sales projections, forecasting and demand planning
- Team Leadership
- Inspire, coach, and develop a team of talented and passionate individuals who want to share the world of cannabis with others.
- Role model what great looks like through influence and collaboration
- Support the Director, Sales Capabilities in their portfolio of responsibilities, deliverables, and various projects.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is hybrid, which requires you to work on-site a minimum of three days per week in a role that provides core support functions to the business.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are passionate about insights and love analyzing trends, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You’re good at the following:
- Post-secondary education in a relevant or related field.
- 5+ years of commercial reporting, data analytics and forecasting experience.
- Relevant hands-on experience within CPG or beverage-alcohol industry is an asset.
- Experience developing and presenting reports for stakeholders at all levels of leadership.
- Strong ability within BI tools such as Power BI and the ability to model data and create dashboards.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to work with large data sets to distill information and identify trends.
- Strong leadership abilities with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to dive into detailed analysis while maintaining sight of strategy goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of complex applications of MS Excel is a must.
- Excellent at building strong business relationships within team and across functional departments.
- Must possess genuine curiosity about consumer trends and behaviours to help explain results and identify business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt; maintain focus and a high degree of accuracy while working with complex data in an environment of changing priorities and requirements.
- Proactive in anticipating problems and recommending appropriate course of action.
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)