Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
Reporting to the Manager, Information Technology, the Desktop Support Technician is an entry-level IT position offering support to the Pure Sunfarms cultivation, production, and manufacturing floor. The position will focus on providing technical support to various computerized systems, production equipment, and additional support and customer service to all company staff, and occasionally visitors and guests.
“I was surprised by how elaborate the complete growing cycle is, and all of the steps, and departments involved. It is a dynamic industry with meticulous processes.”Eugene Flores, Manager, Distribution & Warehouse
- Install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults, and solve technical and application problems associated with administrative offices and production facilities.
- Participates in discussions, projects, and planning of IT & Security initiatives.
- Performs tasks and activities related to maintenance schedules of equipment as set out by Manager, Information Technology.
- Maintains and supports desktop environment, endpoint protection, provisioning, and deployment.
- Respond to Helpdesk tickets and service requests in a timely and professional manner, escalating to senior IT staff when appropriate.
- Works closely with application support personnel to help resolve and troubleshoot issues.
- Responds to issues associated with desktop environment and facility production equipment.
- Communicate with the team and other departments for any IT support related issues.
- Documenting and sharing all acquired knowledge concerning problem resolutions.
- Setting up and disabling user accounts and profiles.
- Prepare equipment for deployment to client locations, including rebuilding, testing, cleaning, and packing.
- Provides physical support for the movement of equipment around the facilities.
- Provide support to external clients as required.
- Occasional after hours and weekend support may be required.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working with computers, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Completion of at least a post-secondary diploma in a related field, and certification in computer programming, support, or network administration is required, or a combination of education and experience.
- Printers, label applicators, scanners, timeclocks, sensors.
- Windows, and MacOS operating systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer service-oriented and proactive in anticipating and resolving problems while maximizing efficient use of computing resources.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, Office 365, Mac OS, networking concepts, and security best practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn new skills and adapt to a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks and projects effectively.
- Solid troubleshooting, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org