Financial Reporting Manager
Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As a Financial Reporting Manager, you feel like fish in water managing the entire financial reporting process within the company. You find delightful to supervise the finance department in order to assure effective financial reporting and compliance with all financial regulations and procedures.
“My role is much broader than I expected it to be. I get to work closely with many departments across the organization, and have been able to develop a deep understanding of how the company works as a whole.”Ana Yap, Accountant, Senior
- Manage financial reporting function and ensure compliance under IFRS, US GAAP
and compliance with public reporting requirements.
- Ensure timely preparation of all financial information required for monthly, quarterly,
and annual reports.
- Manage month end close process.
- Assist with month end and year-end reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepare financial analysis of various balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare draft quarterly and annual IFRS consolidated financial statements with
accompanying notes, analyses and supporting schedules.
- Assess and document the technical accounting impact and required disclosures for
major transactions, including significant contracts, debt and other complex
- Coordinate and develop written policies and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Assist with year-end audit planning.
- Design and implement SOX-grade controls to ensure compliance with accounting
- Assist with other related accounting duties.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know financial reporting and accounting standards are easy as pie for you, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- 3 -5 years of Financial reporting experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years hands-on accounting managerial experience.
- Capability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Flexibility and availability for hours of work especially during peak periods.
- Ability to research and apply accounting standards and principles.
- Proficient in Excel and Outlook; prior experience working with ERP (Acumatica) ideal, but not required.
- Ability to manage large sets of data.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Certification.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.