Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As part of Brand & Product Innovation team at Pure Sunfarms, this position will be responsible for developing and executing an insight-driven, consumer-focused product innovation pipeline. From concept development to bringing products to life, this role will require strong collaboration with cross-functional partners, an entrepreneurial spirit to move quickly, the ability to problem solve, strong critical thinking, comfortable navigating complex situations, and above all a passion for creating products that resonate with consumers.
- Trends and Market Management
- Develop a strong understanding of trends, the industry, competitive landscape brands, and products to uncover consumer insights that translate into white space opportunities and growth
- Ongoing identification of key consumer insights, preferences and behaviours through various approaches, both within the industry and in other industries. This could include but not limited to: sales insights, in field insights, desk top research initiatives, and qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Product Ideation & Development
- Input into product strategy across portfolio and pipeline that aligns with the brand vision across multiple brands and company goals
- Champion new product opportunities across multiple categories for optimal in-market performance, from concept ideation, design and development.
- Identify, mitigate and solve and potential roadblocks to launch the product
- Lead evaluation of post-launch success in-market
- Act as a gatekeeper across key project milestones for product development, feasibility and viability
- Strategic Partnership
- Engage with cross-functional teams to develop product concepts for launch in highly regulated industry
- Ensure high levels of stakeholder engagement and communication is maintained throughout the product launch process
- Manage team outcomes as they pertain to achieving innovation milestones and timelines
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is hybrid, which requires you to work on-site a minimum of three days per week in a role that provides core support functions to the business
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working on branding and product, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Bachelor of Business Administration/Commerce; Marketing an asset
- 5+ years of experience in product innovation OR category management (CPG)
- Strong strategic thinker with a passion for leveraging consumer trends and insights into brand-lead product innovation from concept development to positioning
- Critical thinker and able to solve complex problems independently
- Strong business acumen, and has experience working with cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of when to bring in cross-functional teams
- Solutions oriented and results driven
- Ability to move from strategic thinking to execution seamlessly
- Strong entrepreneurial mindset, self-starter and self-motivated to deliver and adapt in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to find solutions for complex issues
- Strong prioritization skills and is able to manage multiple projects at any given time and at various stages of development
- Proven ability to clearly and concisely communicate complex information to a variety of stakeholders and effectively lead cross-functional teams through multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills and financial acumen to develop and/or support business cases, including P&L analysis, pricing and category analysis
- Cannabis industry experience. Legal cannabis industry experience is an asset
- Experience in CPG, pharmaceuticals or other regulated industry is an asset
- Familiarity with Health Canada Cannabis Regulations and CFIA is an asset
- Experience working in a start-up environment an asset
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)