Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
As a Production Supervisor, you will supervise teams on Cannabis Production Processes, including converting biomass into finished goods, and ensuring quality is met every step of the way. You are a collaborator and will work closely with other teams to continuously develop process improvements that deliver top-quality products. You are ready to help elevate our existing operation and manufacturing practices so we can deliver exceptional products and experiences to our customers.
- Operational Performance
- Monitor and mentor our contract labour team on Production processes ensuring the production lines run efficiently
- Oversee the documentation and Key Performance Indicator (KPI’s) tracking of each room’s activities
- Track and report Time & Attendance of the contract labour team under your supervision
- Complete daily production reports following Pure Sunfarms procedures
- Organize and lead the contract labour team and floor changeovers to achieve a satisfactory workflow
- Act as the subject-matter expert in your area of supervision by conducting Gemba walks, sustaining 5S assessment sets, and other production and manufacturing practices
- Create label templates for approvals to ensure the proper labelling of finished goods
- Quality & Compliance
- Foster a culture of compliance by operating within guidelines and procedures
- Train our contract labour team and ensure understanding of Pure Sunfarms’ guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), as required
- Collaborate with Quality Control to collect and process retention samples daily
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) is followed in the Production areas under your supervision
- Collaborate on developing and updating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Completion and verification of production report daily using the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Coordinate and collaborate across operational departments to help discover, test and implement new processes that will streamline production flows
- Ensure proper tracking of cannabis products through our ERP system to enhance inventory accuracy
- Ensure team members know, understand and follow all safety protocols
- Lead by example and foster a safe working environment
- Ensure timely escalation of all safety concerns on the production floor
- Perform regular inspections on equipment to ensure safety and functionality, communicating all maintenance issues as required
At Pure Sunfarms, we are all growers at heart. Our plants and processes require in-person care and attention to ensure we’re bringing the best our plants and people have to offer to our consumers. This means other duties may arise since we work together to ensure we support all business activities – seed to sale.
This role is on-site, which requires you to work in Pure Sunfarms facility at all times in an operating role or directly supporting operations.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you are passionate about cannabis and good production practices, but we want to know more about your story and experiences. You’re good at the following:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in manufacturing, production, food processing or other fast-moving consumer goods industry required
- Minimum 2+ years supervisory experience overseeing production staff
- Previous experience with an ERP database
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Familiarity with audit procedures such as EU-GMP, Safe Quality Food (SQF) and British Retail Consortium (BRC) in a manufacturing and/or food processing field is an asset
- Organizing and prioritizing your work to meet deadlines, with the ability to adapt to unexpected priorities
- Following instructions and directions and soliciting feedback to improve performance
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exercising professional judgment and decision-making
- Knowledge of Punjabi is an asset
- Standard First Aid and CPR training is an asset
- Champions Pure Sunfarms’ H.E.A.R.T values and competencies
- Must have the ability to maintain and pass an RCMP criminal record check and obtain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.
To apply via email:
Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the following information when sending in your resume:
Subject: [Role you are applying for] – [First and Last Name]
Body: Please attach your resume and cover letter (if necessary)