Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
The Recruitment Coordinator supports the Recruitment Team and works with them on all aspects of the recruitment process. You will coordinate and schedule Zoom and in-person interviews, post positions on our career site and on relevant job boards, communicate with and support all parties involved in the hiring and recruiting activities, and update recruiting tools, processes and spreadsheets as needed. This position requires outstanding administrative skills, relevant HR experience and knowledge of ATS and HRIS systems. The role reports into the Manager, Recruitment and Employment Brand and works to support all members of the Recruitment and People & Experience Team.
“Working in cannabis is really exciting because it is such a new industry, it is very fast-paced and has a lot of moving parts to it. I like the challenge because it gives you more experience and allows you to grow, both personally and professionally.”Harpreet Cheema, Coordinator, People & Experience
- Coordinate and schedule Zoom and/or in-person interviews between the candidates, the recruitment team, and the hiring managers, and ensure timely follow-up and updates to all parties as needed.
- Generate reports using Excel and the HRIS and ATS systems, including recruiting dashboards, metrics, and data analytics.
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing management of an ATS system.
- Manage and update all recruiting tools and related documentation.
- Post, manage and monitor active job postings on our career site and various relevant job boards.
- Support the recruiters with completing reference and background checks for the final candidates and in conducting other recruiting tasks as requested.
- Assist with recruitment-related initiatives and projects as assigned e.g. training, employer branding, campus relations and recruitment etc.
- Assist with onboarding and orientation of new hires, both virtually and in-person (as required)
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love working in recruitment, but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration is an asset
- 1-3 years of experience in a recruitment or human resources coordinator/administrator role
- Experience with ATS systems, Lever would be a strong asset
- A strong team-player with a proven ability to build meaningful relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and a curiosity to learn all areas of the business
- Ability to exercise discretion and sound judgement when dealing with all clients (internal and external)
- Agile with the ability to go with the flow, role up your sleeves and get the job done
- Comfortable networking, and being a brand ambassador for Pure Sunfarms
- Excellent organization, time management and project management skills.
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass a RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We’re proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we’ve built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the cannabis industry.