Driven by a love of plants, Pure Sunfarms is one of Canada’s largest, single-site, licensed producers of high-quality, greenhouse-grown cannabis based in BC’s Fraser Valley (Delta). We are proud to bring together individuals from a wide breadth of industries, backgrounds, and experiences, and promote a culture of belonging where everyone can truly be themselves – in every form of expression that is natural to them. This is our priority and guiding light at Pure Sunfarms, driving our uncompromising approach to quality and success within the Canadian recreational cannabis market. We believe our differences are our strengths, letting us look at cannabis in a whole new light.
Here is where you come in as Production Manager – Packaging. You will have overall accountability for all activities in the packaging department (retail dried flower, pre-rolls, vapes, flexible manufacturing platform (FMP), and edibles).
“The most rewarding part of working here is seeing your ideas being implemented. It’s gratifying to see my input helping to build the company. “Natasha Toor, Specialist, Production Support
- Overall Accountability for all activities in the Packaging Department (Retail Pouch, Pre-Rolls, Vapes, Flexible Manufacturing Platform (FMP), Edibles)
- Ensure Safety
- Ensure people work safely day in and day out
- Equipment is safe, available and working
- Identify hazards, ensure PPE is available and used
- Support a culture of safety first
- Ensure Quality
- Ensure IPC are completed, and quality control equipment is calibrated and functioning
- Own CAPA investigations and follow up actions
- Ensure sanitation is complete, effective and meets GMP standards
- Achieve and Measure Throughput
- Accountable for achieving production targets (while exceeding quality requirements)
- Maintain and practice all inventory controls through proper production reporting, inventory transfers, and adhering to production schedules
- Maintain, track and trend productivity, labour and OEE metrics and KPI’s
- Ensure Compliance
- Ensure compliance with HC regs
- Support the compliance team in audits and investigations
- Ensure compliance with SOPs and GPP/GMP and GDP.
- Inspire and Lead
- Be able to effectively communicate with, coach and lead direct and indirect team members
- Be a strong coach and leader for Supervisors, Team Leads and production staff
- Identify, promote, hire, on-board and train top talent
- Provide timely development feedback for staff
- Manage staffing for additional shifts/overtime
- Ensure we have the right staff with the right skills, and that appropriate training is available.
- Improve and Change – Work with Quality, Engineering, and Maintenance to :
- Continuously improve quality of products
- Improve production efficiency
- Increase manufacturability and consistency of line processes
- Implement new equipment and process
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems and methods of work
- Lead continuous improvement projects and lead Lean training
- Stay on Budget
- Plan and manage the establishment of area budget
- Track actuals vs budget and explain budgets
- Identify and implement cost-saving opportunities
- Ensure the company resources are used effectively
- Ensure Safety
We work in a fast pace environment, rolling up our sleeves to build something bigger than ourselves. Other duties may arise from time to time/most of the time and as a team, we look to support each other.
Your Brand, Your Story
We already know you love managing projects and teamwork but we want to know more about your strengths. You’re good at the following:
- Post-secondary education, degree or diploma in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, Food Science, Business or Operations Management and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably working with labels and packaging.
- Experience leading large diverse teams
- Understanding of manufacturing regulations regarding safety, quality, HACCP, GMP’s, and SOP’s.
- Excellent communication & organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility.
- Must have strong interpersonal, leadership qualities, and team-building skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain and pass an RCMP Criminal Record Check and maintain security clearance.
At Pure Sunfarms, we are growing our team with the same care we devote to growing our plants. We are proud of the diverse and inclusive culture that we have built and are excited to learn more about your experiences and how you can contribute to Pure Sunfarms and the
Please send your resumes directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.